Simply Sunday Challenge!

ITs another Simply Sunday Challenge!!  This weeks challenge is : Summer Fun!  So which stamp set should I use?? hmmmm..

I used K. Andrew Splashtastic Summer Art Stamps.  LOVE IT!!  Make sure you click on the photo to go to Kristal’s Online store to purchase this awesome stamp set!!  Remember for every stamp set sold, $1 goes to charity! So go SHOP already!! but wait till after you see my card! LOL

Don’t forget to go to Kristal’s blog…Getting Cricky to join in our Simply Sunday Challenge.

summertimesplashblogpreview001 (438x640)

Well, my crabby card has a story behind it!  I have been feeling very depressed this past week. Everyone is doing their own thing and I’m staying behind at home! Ugh.. They say go do something! I’m like what!? IDK! I don’t have friends to do stuff with. My 2 besties live in other states!  Hmmm My  friends that live here  don’t scrap and they have their own things. I’m not a very social person. For a minute there I was thinking I had agoraphobia! I fear social setting at times.. hate having to talk to people and thinking hmm what do I say? will I be all duh! LOL I’ve been like this since little.. 

Well back to my card.. so I woke up Saturday morning and decided to make this card!! VERY TRUE. I gotta stop being so crabby! LOL

I used create a critter for the crab and sand castle.  The face is from Everyday Characters faces from Peachy Keen.  Thing is the eyes were originally too close like a normal person face.. So what I did I inked the face..took off the other eye and mouth, stamped then did the same for the other eye…making sure I put proper spacing between eyes. then inked the mouth and nose.  I think it turned out cute!! Also, my 1st time doodling and using those dots with white gel pen! Also, for the cloud background, I embossed a white cardstock with powder blue mixed with white embossing powder to give it a cloudy blue color to it.  Ya can’t really see it in the photo but it looks cool!    hope you like sorry for the long explanation!

~~Kathy

Comments

  1. Love that crabby face- awesome card! I hope this card is making you feel better and not depressed anymore- it did make me smile:)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an incredible card, Kathy! I love how you made the background. Very clever. And that crab is too cute. Great job with the face.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy
    This is an adorable card! Love the sand castle and the crab! Great job!
    Becka
    your dt sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Kathy! The first thing I noticed were the clouds! I know how you feel- I've been feeling exactly the same way this week- Nice to know I'm not alone.
    Take care Sweet Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Your card and that crab definitely looks crabby. lol! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy your card is adorable!! I LOVE it! If we lived closer I would totally scrap with you on days like these :)
    ~Hugs~
    Becky - your GCDT sister
    www.squilrygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a GREAT job girl--hahah! I LOVE LOVE that crabby face--tooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, I really LOVE your crab and his totally cute crabby face!! Your details are wonderful, and I love the pen-work and embossing!! :)

    Some love from your Getting Cricky Sister,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The face turned out excellent! I also love the castle!!

    After reading your post I had to check out your profile to see where you are from because I am in the same boat you are in. I don't know anyone in my area to scrap with. While reading your profile I almost busted a gut because you say you like country music and listening to Howard Stern. Totally opposite ends of the spectrum. ROTFLMBO You can move to Nebraska and we can be scrap buddies. :-)

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha!! I love this card and the face on the crab too too cute!! You are very creative! Girl dont be Crabby lol I live right down the street invite me over to craft or you come by here! Bring your K Andrews stamps hehe!!

    Lots of LoveY
    our GCDT sister,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry it's taken me so long to comment. This is so super cute though. I love the eyes. Wonderful job with the card.
    Hugs
    Brenda GC DTM Sister
    http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Cricky with It Blog hop

“LET’S GET CRICKY BLOG HOP!

OPERATION OWL THANK YOU BLOG HOP