Design Team Hijack #2

~ My post as posted on KRISTAL’s BLOG  Getting Cricky ~

Hey Hey howdy yall!  This is Kathy..aka Scrapping Felkatz Hijacking Kristal's blog for today!  As my term is coming to an end I just wanted to say PICK ME AGAIN!! LOL only kidding (but I’m really not) hahaha.  Seriously, I have enjoyed being on this Design Team. 

This is the 1st design team I have ever been on and I am wondering is it like this in all the Design Teams out there?  I have never felt more close to a bunch of ladies in my life!  I didn’t even feel close to ladies while working in an office years ago!  These ladies have been awesome to work with.  WHY DO YOU SAY?  Well because of One Lady:  Ms. Kristal!

Kristal has been awesome to work with.  Kristal has this energy and warmth that made me come back to her blog day after day.  When I first found her blog, I read her post and started to cry. I was wondering… “How did she know I was going through that?” I am sure you know that feeling. Isn’t it strange? Kristal just has that gift from GOD that allows her to let her words touch you.  It touches your heart and soul!  I am so blessed that I found her and her blog. I was even more blessed that she picked me to be on her Design Team!   Its been an awesome 3 months.. I can’t believe it went by so fast! 

For day I am going to show off her SPLASHTASTIC Summer Stamp set! Its soo cute! I love all the phrases.  Here is my card for today:

001 (480x640)

For this card, I use my TIM HOLTZ Distressing inks. I am on a inky distressing frenzy. I do not know, but I am loving creating my own scenes… thanks to VICKY from Lily Pad Cards.. I just love seeing her videos for inspiration. 

The distressing inks I used for the waves are Faded Jeans and Broken China. I used strips of paper placed on the white card stock and inked and inked then used those pieces of paper to glue back as part of the waves.  Then I stickled the edges of all the waves to give it some added wow! For the sun I used mustard seed and tea dye.  The whale is a Sassafras felty. The birds are from a tim holtz stamps that for the life of me I can’t remember and I’m too lazy to get up and look for it! LOL sorry.

Please, make sure you click on the photo below to go to Kristal’s Online store to purchase this awesome stamp set!! Remember for every stamp set sold, $1 goes to charity! So go SHOP already!!

summertimesplashblogpreview55

Till the next time…. Kathy

Comments

  1. Hello! I'm a new follower, found you at Kristal's blog, can't wait to look around =0)


    www.mrssassycrafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Kathy
    You did a great job on those inks. I don't have any of these but they sure look cool. Nice job on your post.
    Becka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Cricky with It Blog hop

“LET’S GET CRICKY BLOG HOP!

OPERATION OWL THANK YOU BLOG HOP